Practice: The new you
Stick to: When you have half an hour to yourself
- Get some paper and pencil. Start to think about the qualities you think you would benefit from having more of in your life, e.g. courage, strength, patience, equanimity, kindness.
- Pick out the most important three and memorise the list.
- Stand up barefoot.
- As you inhale raise your arms up above you and imagine you are breathing in those three qualities.
- As you exhale, take your arms out wide and down by your sides, bend your knees as you fold forwards at the hips, and breathe out the consequences of just being you as you are right now without those three qualities.
- Continue with the practice for at least 20 breaths.
How do you feel?
Welcome the new you 🙂