A siesta is most beneficial when it’s a daily routine rather than a one off. (Your boss may not agree)
Practice: Spanish Siesta
Stick to 30 mins after lunch (works in any country)
- Find a couch or a comfy armchair (no bed!)
- Get yourself warm and settled.
- Pretend that you are in the Mediterranean.
- Put your phone on silent.
- Set a timer for half an hour.
A short sleep after lunch can reduce stress, help cardiovascular functions, and improve alertness and memory. In warmer countries the siesta is part of the culture (because it is often just too hot to move at that time of day) but this is a habit that those of us less lucky with the weather would do well to copy!
Over to you, and remember that your best nap time is between 1 pm -4 pm.