If you are a desk-jockey the chances are your back has ‘twinged’ at times…(and if it hasn’t, burn your chair now and save yourself!!) So this is a MUST-DO practice when you get home from work, it can be very very simple or you can get creative with cushions and blankets to make it even more comfortable. WARNING: may lead to a spontaneous nap.
- Switch off phone
- Put on some chilled music
- Take off restrictive clothing (belt/tie etc)
- Sit side on to the wall
- Lie down and wriggle your legs up the wall
- Get your bottom as close to the wall as you can
- Try adding a cushion underneath your bottom
- Take your arms wide
- Take a deep breath in…..
- …and out…
- Stay for 20 breaths, or more…..
Stigu’s soundtrack selection for “Going Up The Wall” practice:
- Biosphere “Dissolving Clouds” from album of the same name
- Cinematic Orchestra track “Breath” from the album “Ma Fleur”
…Rest easy X Stigu