Autumn can be stressful time as we try to renew ourselves and set new, challenging goals. This mini-practice can help you to change gear into “rest” mode.
Practice: Chill out breath
Stick to: 5 mins
- Count how long the in-breath and out-breath are.
- Begin to lengthen the out-breath by just a few seconds.
- Do this on each out-breath so it gets longer and longer.
- Don’t leave yourself feeling “breath hungry” or desperate to breath in.
- Eventually with practice out-breath might be twice as long as in-breath.
- After 5 minutes let the breath return to normal.
After first practice – how do you feel?
Ask the same question again after doing the practice more than five times.