Some of us love napping, while some don’t get it at all but the fact is that your eyelids feel soooo much lighter after a quick nap. Power napping is all about charging our batteries in a shortest spell of time. Here’s one solid nap practice for the busy, time-deprived jugglers.
Practice: The key to power napping
Stick to when you need a super short nap
- Hold a key in your hand, or some other object that has some weight to it (not your smart phone or an antique vase…..)
- Stay sitting upright and relax
- Close your eyes and descend into napdom.
- As you fall asleep, you’ll drop the key/object
- CLANG BANG!
- Wake up inspired (and no need for a timer).
Salvador Dali used this technique to ensure his power naps were short and sweet. He learned this trick from the Capuchin monks and recommended it to anyone who worked with ideas, claiming that the micro nap revivified the physical and psychic being.
How do you feel?