As the darkness of Autumn arrives and the woes of the world make you overwhelmed, why not to try out a compassion fatigue practice, this is how:
- Go for a walk
- Imagine that every step is driving a pump that is producing compassion
- With every step, feel your whole body filling with compassion
- Think of a place, a person or an animal in need of compassion
- Hold that place or person or animal in mind
- Visualise the object of your attention receiving compassion
And why not to follow up with practical steps: change to ethical investments, cruelty free products, support a charity or anything that delivers more feel-good hormones to take you over the winter.